- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Centrally Sponsored Scheme- “Vibrant Village Program” (VVP) with a financial allocation of Rs.4800 crore for the financial year 2022-23 to 2025-26.
- This decision also aims to encourage people to remain in their places of origin in border areas, reversing emigration from these regions and contributing to improving border security.
- In order to achieve inclusive growth and build population in border regions, the program will provide financing for the development of vital infrastructure and the creation of livelihood opportunities in 19 districts, 46 border blocks, four states, and one UT along the north of the country. 663 villages will be included in the initiative in the first phase.
- Indian villages close to the Chinese border have harsh weather conditions. So, under the Vibrant Village Program, the central government will not only improve the living conditions of the people living in these areas but also improve the infrastructure to facilitate transportation.
- The Vibrant Villages program will be launched to improve infrastructure in villages along India’s border with China.
- The vibrant villages program scheme helps to identify and develop the economic drivers based on the local natural human resources and other resources of the border villages.
- The program aims to improve infrastructure in villages along India’s border with China. Infrastructure will be improved in states like Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Arunachal Pradesh.
- In addition, the tourism potential will be harnessed through the promotion of local traditional and cultural heritage and knowledge and the development of sustainable eco-agribusinesses on the concept of ‘One people, one product’ through community organizations, cooperatives, SHGs, NGOs, etc
- The vibrant village action plans will be created by the district administration with the help of gram panchayats. A 100% saturation of the central and state schemes will be ensured.
Vibrant Village Program
Click here for more Current Affairs