- On February 13, 2022, Mahamandaleshwar Swami Virendranand Ji Maharaj, National Coordinator of the Ramayana Research Council and Juna Akhara, announced the establishment of the world’s tallest (251 m) statue of Mother Sita in Sitamarhi.
- Under the aegis of the Ramayana Research Council, the preparations for the installation of a 251-feet tall statue of Mother Sita in Sitamarhi district of Bihar, her birthplace, are in full swing. Regarding this, the land has now been made available towards the Ramayana Research Council.
- The purpose behind doing this is to give recognition to this holy land of Mata Sita in the country and the world. Not only this, on the launch of this work, there is every possibility that the work of Bhoomi Pujan will be done by the Prime Minister or the President of the country.
- Sitamarhi MP Sunil Kumar Pintu is leading this entire campaign. Regarding this big project, it was told that the world’s first largest statue of God will be installed at Raghopur Bakhri in Dumra of Sitamarhi. For this the Mahant of Raghopur Bakhri has donated a total of 18 acres 40 decimals of land to the council.
- At the same time, for its expansion, the surrounding farmers have also made an agreement of about 6 acres of land, agreeing to give their land to the council. The council has so far made an agreement for a total of 24.39 acres of land.
- On this occasion Mata Sita.com website has been launched on which the information about the work related to the construction of the temple will be updated from time to time.
- Sita Kund is a Hindu pilgrimage site located in Punora village near Sitamarhi town in the state of Bihar. Punaura Dham Janki Kund (Punaura Dham Janki Mandir) was famous as the ashram of Pundarik Rishi in mythological times. Goddess Sita was born in Punaura itself.
251 feet tall statue of Mata Sita will be built in Sitamarhi
Click here for more Current Affairs