UPSC previous year question paper of subject BIOLOGY from the year 2016 to 2020 with answers
- #1. . What is the importance of using Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines in India? [2020-I] 1. These vaccines are effective against pneumonia as well as meningitis and sepsis. 2. Dependence on antibiotics that are not effective against drug-resistant bacteria can be reduced. 3. These vaccines have no side effects and cause no allergic reactions. Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- #2. Consider the following statements :  1. Genetic changes can be introduced in the cells that produce eggs or sperms of a prospective parent. 2. A person’s genome can be edited before birth at the early embryonic stage. 3. Human induced pluripotent stem cells can be injected into the embryo of a pig. Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
- #3. Which of the following statements is not correct? 
- #4. Which of the following are the reasons for the occurence of multi-drug resistance in microbial pathogens in India? [2019-I] 1. Genetic predisposition of some people. 2. Taking incorrect doses of antibiotics to cure diseases. 3. Using antibiotics in livestock farming. 4. Multiple chronic diseases in some people. Select the correct answer using the code given below
- #5. Consider the following statements:  1. Some species of turtle are herbivores 2. Some species of fish are herbivores 3. Some species of marine mammals are herbivores 4. Some species of snakes are viviparous Which of the statement given above are correct?
- #6. Which of the following leaf modifications occur(s) in the desert areas to inhibit water loss?  1. Hard and waxy leaves 2. Tiny leaves 3. Thorns instead of leaves Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- #7. . Consider the following: (1) Birds (2) Dust blowing (3) Rain (4) Wind blowing. Which of the above spread plant diseases? 
- #8. Consider the following statements:  1. In tropical regions, Zika virus disease is transmitted by the same mosquito that transmits dengue. 2. Sexual transmission of Zika virus disease is possible. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #9. Which of the following statements is/are correct? Viruses can infect  1. bacteria 2. fungi 3. plants Select the correct answer using the code given below.