UPSC previous year question paper of subject Medieval History from the year 2011- 2015 with answers.
- #1. Who of the following founded a new city on the south bank of a tributary to river Krishna and undertook to rule his new kingdom as the agent of a deity to whom all the land south of the river Krishna was supposed to belong? (2015)
- #2. Consider the following: [2015-I] The arrival of Babur into India led to the 1. introduction of gunpowder in the subcontinent 2. introduction of the arch and dome in the region's architecture 3. establishment of Timurid dynasty in the region Select the correct answer using the code given below.
- #3. Consider the following pairs: [2015-I] Medieval Indian State Present Region 1. Champaka : Central India 2. Durgara : Jammu 3. Kuluta : Malabar Which of the above pairs is / are correctly matched?
- #4. In medieval India, the designations ‘Mahattara’ and ‘Pattakila’ were used for (2014)
- #5. Ibadat Khana at Fatehpur Sikri was (2014)
- #6. Consider the following Bhakti Saints: [2013 - I] 1. Dadu Dayal 2. Guru Nanak 3. Tyagaraja Who among the above was/were preaching when the Lodi dynasty fell and Babur took over?
- #7. With reference to the religious history of medieval India, the Sufi mystics were known to pursue which of the following practices? [2012 - I] 1. Meditation and control of breath 2. Severe ascetic exercises in a lonely place 3. Recitation of holy songs to arouse a state of ecstasy in their audience Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- #8. With reference to Dhrupad, one of the major traditions of India that has been kept alive for centuries, which of the following statements are correct? [2012 - I] 1. Dhrupad originated and developed in the Rajput kingdoms during the Mughal period. 2. Dhrupad is primarily a devotional and spiritual music. 3. Dhrupad Alap uses Sanskrit syllables from Mantras. Select the correct answer using the codes given below: