UPSC previous year question paper of subject The Tertiary Sector in the Indian Economy from the year 2001-2005 with answers.
- #1. Consider the following statements:  1. Sensex is based on 50 of the most important stocks available on the Bombay stock Exchange (BSE). 2. For calculating the Sensex, all the stock are assigned proportional weightage. 3. New York Stock Exchange is the oldest stock exchange in the world. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #2. Consider the following statements:  1. Reserve Bank of India was nationalized on 26 January, 1950 2. The borrowing programme of the Government of India is handled by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #3. Consider the following statements:  1. The National Housing Bank the apex institution of housing finance in India, was set up as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India 2. The Small Industries Development Bank of India was established as a whollyowned subsidiary of the Industrial Development Bank of India Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #4. In the last one decade, which one among the following sectors has attracted the highest Foreign Direct Investment inflows into India?
- #5. Debenture holders of a company are its: 
- #6. . Consider the following financial institutions of India:  1. Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) 2. Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) 3. Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) 4. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) The correct chronological sequence of the establishment of these institution is :
- #7. Consider the following:  1. Currency with the public 2. Demand deposits with banks 3. Time deposits with banks Which of these are included in Broad Money (M3 ) in India ?
- #8. Consider the following statements regarding Reserve Bank of India:  1. It is a banker to the Central Government 2. It formulates and administers monetary policy 3. It acts as an agent of the Government in respect of India 4. It handles the borrowing programme of Government of India Which of these statements are correct?