UPSC previous year question paper of subject Medieval History from the year 2001- 2005 with answers.
- #1. Consider the following statements:  1. Article 301 pertains to the Right to Property. 2. Right to Property is a legal right but not a Fundamental Right. 3. Article 300 A was inserted in the Constitutional Amendment. Which of the statement given above is/are correct?
- #2. Which one of the following rights was described by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as the heart and soul of the Constitution? 
- #3. In the Indian Constitution, the Right to Equality is granted by five Articles. They are: (2002)
- #4. Consider the following statements:  1. The Parliament cannot enlarge the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India as its jurisdiction is limited to that conferred by the Constitution. 2. The officers and servants of the Supreme Court and High Courts are appointed by the concerned Chief Justice and the administrative expenses are charged on the Consolidated fund of India. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #5. Consider the following statements:  1. There are 25 High Courts in India. 2. Punjab, Haryana and the Union Territory of Chandigarh have a common High Court. 3. National Capital Territory of Delhi has a High Court of its own. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #6. Which one of the following is the correct sequence in the descending order of precedence in the warrant of precedence? (2004)
- #7. According to the National Human Rights Commission Act, 1993, who amongst the following can be its Chairman? 
- #8. Consider the following statements:  1. The highest criminal court of the district is the Court of District and Session Judge 2. The District Judge are appointed by the Governor in consultation with the High Courts. 3. A person to be eligible for appointment as a District Judge should be an advocate or a pleader of seven years’ standing or more, or an officer in judicial service of the Union or the State. 4. When the sessions judge awards a death sentence, it must be confirmed by the High Court before it is carried out. Which of the statements given above are correct?
- #9. Which one of the following High Courts has the Territorial Jurisdiction over Andaman and Nicobar Islands? 
- #10. The power to enlarge the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India with respect to any matter included in the Union List of Legislative Powers rests with: (2003)
- #11. The salaries and allowances of the Judges of the High Court are charged to the: (2002)
- #12. Consider the following statements regarding the High Courts in India:  1. There are eighteen High Courts in the country. 2. Three of them have jurisdiction over more than one state. 3. No Union Territory has a High Court of its own. 4. Judges of the High Court hold office till the age of 62. Which of these statements is/are correct?
- #13. The Supreme Court of India tenders advice to the President on a matter of law or fact: (2001)