UPSC previous year question paper of subject Constitution & Political System from the year 1995-2000 with answers.
- 1 Results
- 1.1 #1. The 73rd Constitution Amendment Act, 1992 refers to the: [2000
- 1.2 #2. Consider the following statements about the recent amendments to the elections law by the Representation of the People (Amendment) Act 1996:  1. Any conviction for the offence of insulting the Indian National flag or the Constitution of Indian shall entail disqualification for contesting elections to Parliament and State Legislatures for six year from the date of conviction 2. There is an increase in the security deposit which a candidate has to make to contest the election to the Lok Sabha 3. A candidate cannot now stand for election from more than one Parliament Constituency 4. No election will now be countermanded on the death of a contesting candidate Which of the above statements are correct?
- 1.3 #3. Consider the following statements: An amendment to the Constitution of India can be initiated by the:  1. Lok Sabha 2. Rajya Sabha 3. State Legislature 4. President Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- 1.4 #4. The Constitution of India recognises: (1999)
- 1.5 #5. Which one of the following schedules of the Constitution of India contains provisions regarding anti-defection Act? 
- 1.6 #6. In the following quotation, “WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic and to secure to all its citizens: JUSTICE, social, economic and political; LIBERTY of thought, expression, belief faith and worship; EQUALITY of status and of opportunity: and to promote among them all; FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and the integrity of the Nation. In our Constituent Assembly this ‘X’ do hereby adopt, enact and give to ourselves this Constitution.”, ‘X’ stands for: (1997)
- 1.7 #7. Which of the following are/is stated in the Constitution of India?  1. The President shall not be a member of either House of Parliament 2. The Parliament shall consist of the President and two Houses Choose the correct answer from the codes given below
- 1.8 #8. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other labelled as Reason (R). Assertion (A) : Reservation of thirty-three percent of seats for women in Parliament and State Legislature does not require any Constitutional amendment: Reason (R) : Political parties contesting elections can allocate thirty-three percent of seats they contest to women candidates without any Constitutional amendment. In the context of the above two statements which one of the following is correct? (1997)
- 1.9 #9. Which one of the following was not proposed by the 73rd Constitutional Amendment in the area of Panchayati Raj? 
- 1.10 #10. What is not explicitly stated in the Constitution of India but followed as a convention? 
- 1.11 #11. Which of the following are matters on which a constitutional amendment is possible only with the ratification of the legislature of not less than one-half of the states? 1. Election of the President 2. Representation of states in Parliament 3. Any of the Lists in the 7th Schedule 4. Abolition of the Legislature Council of a State 
- 1.12 #12. Article 156 of the Constitution of India provides that a Governor shall hold office for a term of five year from the date on which he enters upon his office. Which of the following can be deduced from this?  1. No Governor can be removed from office till completion of his term 2. No Governor can continue in office beyond five years
- 1.13 #13. Which of the following are matters on which a constitutional amendment is possible only with the ratification of the legislature of not less than one-half of the states?  1. Election of the President 2. Representation of states in the Parliament 3. Lists in the 7th Schedule 4. Abolition of the Legislature Council in a State
- 1.14 #14. Which of the following is/are extra-constitutional and extralegal device(s) for securing cooperation and coordination between the States in India?  1. The National Development Council 2. The Governor’s Conference 3. Zonal Councils 4. Inter-State Council