UPSC previous year question paper of subject Agriculture in the National Economy from the year 1995-2000 with answers.
- #1. Consider the following statements:  1. Maharashtra has the highest acreage under Jawar in India 2. Gujarat is the largest producer of groundnut in India. 3. Rajasthan has the largest area of cultivable wastelands in India 4. Andhra Pradesh has the highest per hectare yield of maize in India Which of these statements are correct?
- #2. The correct sequence in decreasing order of the four sugarcane producing States in India is : 
- #3. Indian farmers are unhappy over the introduction of “Terminator Seed Technology” because the seeds produced by this technology are expected to: (1999)
- #4. Consider the following statements:  Regional disparities in India are high and have been rising in recent years because: 1. There is persistent investment over time only in select locates. 2. Some areas are agro-climatically less conducive to development. 3. Some areas continue to face little or no agrarian transformation and the consequent lack of social and economic opportunities. 4. Some areas have faced continuous political instability. Which of the above statements are correct?
- #5. In India, rural incomes are generally lower than the urban incomes. Which of the following reasons account for this?  1. A large number of farmers are illiterate and know little about scientific agriculture 2. Prices of primary products are lower than of manufactured products 3. Investment in agriculture has been low when compared to investment in industry Select the correct answer by using the codes given below:
- #6. In which one of the following crops international trade is low in the context of total produce? (1995)
- #7. Agricultural income tax is assigned to the State Government by (1995)