- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated a Water Sports Center in Koldam Barmana, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, on Sunday morning.
- The Water Sports Centre, the very first of its kind in Himachal Pradesh, has been jointly initiated by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was also exchanged between SAI and NTPC during the event.
- Anurag Thakur said that this water sports centre at NTPC Koldam would be a big sports facility for the children of Himachal Pradesh in future. He said that this water sports center has a straight range of 3 km, which is found in some places. Many of our water sports athletes will come here to learn. Good coaches have also been arranged. There are very good facilities here.
- The Union Minister further said, “40 players will be selected who will take part in rowing, kayaking and canoeing. There are state-of-the-art equipment and hostels and training facilities for boys and girls. We are hopeful that the center will also hold national competitions. Will dedicatedly train athletes in water sports such as rowing, canoeing and kayaking.” During the event, Anurag Thakur also felicitated Himachal Pradesh’s Women’s Kabaddi team which won the gold medal in the ongoing 36th National Games in Gujarat.
Union Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in Himachal Pradesh
Click here for more Current Affairs