- Domestic giants Mumbai got their hands on the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy, the elusive silverware missing from their bulging cabinet, defeating Himachal Pradesh by three wickets in the summit clash here.
- Mumbai bowlers were right on the money as spinner Tanush Kotain (3/15) and medium pacer Mohit Avasthi (3/21) shared six wickets between them to restrict Himachal Pradesh to 143 for eight.
- Chasing the modest target, Mumbai had their share of hiccups before Sarfaraz Khan once again showed what he is capable of with a timely unbeaten 36-run cameo off 31 balls to help his side cross the line with three balls to spare. There was no one player that dazzled in the summit clash.
- Opting to field, Mohit drew the first blood by striking early, getting rid of Himachal wicketkeeper Ankush Bains (4) and Sumeet Verma (8) within the first five overs.
- Spinner Tanush (3/15) then turned the game on its head with two consecutive wickets in the eighth over.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is organized by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). It is a major domestic T20 cricket tournament that was started with the 2006–07 season. Initially it was named as T20 Inter State Championship but later it was renamed as Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Tamil Nadu has won it maximum 3 times.
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2022 won by Mumbai for the first time
Click here for more Current Affairs