Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana: Modi government has extended the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) till March 2022.
Currently, the term of this scheme was expiring on 30 November 2021. More than 80 crore poor people of the country will continue to get free food grains till March 2022.
Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, 5 kg of food grains per person is given free of cost to every family.
What is Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
- Every month 5 kg of wheat or rice and 1 kg of preferred pulses are being given free of cost to 80 crore poor people.
- Under the scheme, 2 times the ration is being given by the central government to all the ration card holders as compared to the existing ration.
- To ensure the amount of protein in these poor people, 1 kg of pulses is also being given every month.
- The benefit of PMGKAY is also being given to those people who do not have a ration card, although it is mandatory to have an Aadhar card to get the benefit of this scheme.
- If the beneficiaries of this scheme are facing any problem in getting free food grains or those who give them are reluctant, then for this the government has given toll-free numbers (1800-180-2087, 1800-212-5512 and 1967). have also been started on which complaints can be made.