- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Lucknow today. He also inaugurated the Global Trade Show and launched Invest UP 2.0 during the program.
- Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 is the flagship investment summit of the Government of Uttar Pradesh which will bring together policymakers, industry leaders, academia, think tanks, and leaders from across the world to collectively explore business opportunities and forge partnerships. The Prime Minister also took a walkthrough of the exhibition on display.
- Leaders of Industry spoke on the occasion. Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla said that India is showing remarkable entrepreneurial dynamism and innovation and credited the Prime Minister with infusing new energy into the country’s economic landscape.
- Shri Mukesh Ambani said that this year’s budget has laid the foundation for India’s emergence as a developed nation. He said that greater allocation for Capex expenditure will lead to greater economic growth and social welfare. He said that under the leadership of the Prime Minister, the country has transformed a great deal and under the guidance of the Prime Minister’s vision and laser-sharp focus on execution a bold new India is taking shape.
- Shri Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Chairman of Tata Sons said that the visionary leadership of the Prime Minister has created a situation where India is going to be the fastest-growing economy. “It is not only economic growth, what the Prime Minister has enabled is 360-degree development.” He said allocations in the budget will ensure growth led by infrastructure and consumption and also we will see rural growth.
- Daniel Bircher, CEO of Zurich Airport Asia said that the Zurich Airport is celebrating its 75th anniversary just as India is celebrating 75 years of independence. He mentioned the long-standing partnership with India where Zurich Airport supported the development of the Bengaluru Airport two decades ago and is presently developing the Noida International Airport.
- He underlined the direct connectivity of the Noida International Airport with the Yamuna Expressway. Chairman of Dixon Technologies, Shri Sunil Vachani said that almost 65% of the mobile phones sold in India are manufactured in Uttar Pradesh and credited the dynamic policies of the Uttar Pradesh Government in making it a manufacturing hub.
- He also noted that today Dixon Technologies is looking at exporting almost 100 billion dollars worth of mobile phones. All the industry leaders showed optimism toward the opportunities emerging in Uttar Pradesh.
- Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister welcomed the investor community, industry leaders, and policymakers both as a Prime Minister and as a Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh.
- The Prime Minister emphasized that the land of Uttar Pradesh is known for its cultural splendor, glorious history, and rich heritage. Noting the capabilities of the state, the Prime Minister drew attention to the unwanted tags such as underdevelopment, BIMARU, and the poor law and order situation attached to Uttar Pradesh.
- He also touched upon the scams worth thousands of crores that were unearthed on a daily basis in earlier times. The Prime Minister said within 5-6 years, Uttar Pradesh has established a new identity. Now Uttar Pradesh is known for good governance, better law and order situation, peace, and stability. “New opportunities for wealth creators are being made here”, the Prime Minister added. The Prime Minister also stressed that initiatives for better infrastructure in UP are bearing fruit. He said very soon UP will be known as the only state with 5 International airports.
- Freight corridor will connect the state directly with the sea coast in Maharashtra. The Prime Minister also noted a meaningful change in the government’s thinking in UP for ensuring ease of doing business. “Today UP has become a source of hope and inspiration”, the Prime Minister remarked. He underlined that UP has become a bright spot for the nation just like India has become a bright spot on the global stage.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Lucknow
Click here for more Current Affairs