- Chandigarh Administrator and Punjab Governor Banwarilal Purohit inaugurated north India’s largest floating solar project of 2000kWp here.
- The 2000kWp floating solar power plant at Water Works in Sector 39 has been commissioned at a cost of Rs 11.70 crore.
- He also opened the 500kWp floating solar power plant installed over the Dhanas lake here. It was constructed at a cost of Rs 3.34 crore.
- Both the projects have been designed and executed by CREST (Chandigarh Renewable Energy and Science and Technology Promotion Society) and will generate a minimum of 35 lakh units (kWh) per year with 20 percent module efficiency.
- Also, due to the installation of panels on water, this project will reduce the evaporation of about 382 million liters annually.
- Also, a major advantage of this project would be that, due to the cooling effect of water, this project would generate more electricity than all other projects.
North India’s largest floating solar project opens in Chandigarh
Click here for more Current Affairs