- On 28 September 2022, Rashtriya Mangeshkar Samman (The National Lata Mangeshkar Award) for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 was conferred on three eminent personalities at the Rashtriya Lata Mangeshkar Alankaran Samman held in Indore.
- The National Lata Mangeshkar Award was given to Shailendra Singh for playback singing for the year 2019, Anand-Milind for music direction for the year 2020 and Kumar Sanu for playback singing for the year 2021.
- The award consists of a certificate of merit and a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced that in order to keep Mangeshkar’s memories alive, a music college, a music academy and a museum will be set up in Indore, and her statue will also be built.
- Tourism and Culture Minister Usha Thakur said that as per the intention of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the music college of Indore is being named after melody queen Lata Mangeshkar. Now this school will be known as ‘Lata Mangeshkar Music College’.
Kumar Sanu, Shailendra Singh, Anand-Milind to get Lata Mangeshkar Award
Click here for more Current Affairs