- Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Rashmi Shukla has been appointed as the Director-General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- SSB is the border-guarding force deployed along Nepal and Bhutan border. Rashmi Shukla, a 1988 batch IPS officer of the Maharashtra cadre, was posted with the Central Reserve Police (CRPF).
- She was heading the State Intelligence Department in Maharashtra Police when the phones of Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and Nationalist Congress Party leader Eknath Khadse were allegedly tapped in 2019.
- Rashmi Shukla will serve on the post of DG of Sashastra Seema Bal till 30 June 2024.
- In the year 2019, when there were allegations of phone tapping of Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and NCP leader Eknath Khadse, Rashmi Shukla was the head of the intelligence department of Maharashtra Police at that time.
- SSB is the force guarding the Nepal and Bhutan borders. It is one of the seven Central Security Forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Its headquarters is in New Delhi. It was established in the year 1963.
IPS officer Rashmi Shukla appointed as Director-General of SSB
Click here for more Current Affairs