- Palli village from the Jammu becomes the country’s first panchayat that is 100% carbon neutral, fully powered by solar energy.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 500 KW solar plant at the country’s first carbon-neutral panchayat.
- PM said that Palli village is an example of the slogan ‘sab ka prayas’ (Everyone’s efforts).
- 1,500 solar panels were put up in a total area of 6,408 square meters.
- This project will provide clean electricity to 340 houses.
- It comes under the central government’s ‘Gram Urja Swaraj’ program.
India’s first carbon-neutral panchayat – Palli in Jammu
Click here for more Current Affairs