- In the third assembly of ISA, Union Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh has been re-elected as the President of International Solar Alliance.
- France Minister of State for Development Chrysoula Zacharopoulou has been re-elected as Co-President.
- AIR correspondent reports that the four – day International Solar Alliance began under India’s presidentship.
- Participants from 110 countries will share their experiences towards a low-carbon economy through promotion of solar energy.
- The Third Assembly of the International Solar Alliance has been attended by 34 ISA Members ministers.
- 53 Member countries and 5 Signatory and Prospective Member countries participated to the Assembly.
- India and France were re-elected as the President and Co- President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) for a term of two years at the virtual meeting of the Third Assembly held on 14 October.
- Four new Vice-Presidents were also chosen to represent the four regions of ISA. The representatives of Fiji & Nauru for Asia Pacific Region; Mauritius & Niger for Africa Region; UK & Netherlands for Europe and others Region, and Cuba and Guyana for Latin America and Caribbean Region assumed the vice presidency.
India, France Re-Elected as President and Co-President of International Solar Alliance
Click here for more Current Affairs