- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 in Bengaluru today. The Prime Minister launched the uniforms under the ‘Unbottled’ initiative of Indian Oil.
- These uniforms are made of recycled PET bottles. He also dedicated the twin-cooktop model of the IndianOil’s Indoor Solar Cooking System and flagged off its commercial roll-out.
- Later in the day, the Prime Minister also launched E20 fuel at 84 retail outlets of Oil Marketing Companies in 11 States/UTs along the lines of the ethanol blending roadmap.
- He also flagged off the Green Mobility Rally where vehicles running on green energy sources will participate and help create public awareness for green fuels.
- Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister started by extending condolences for death and devastation in Turkey and nearby countries. He conveyed India’s readiness to provide any possible assistance.
- The Prime Minister explained the four major thrust areas for the energy sector strategy.
- Firstly, increasing domestic exploration and production, secondly diversifying supply thirdly expanding fuels such as biofuels, ethanol, compressed biogas, and solar and fourthly decarbonizing through electric vehicles and hydrogen.
- The Prime Minister noted the positive changes that have occurred in the quality of lives of crores of India where they have come out of poverty and reached the levels of the middle class. He informed that 6,00,000 kilometers of optical fibers have been laid in the country so that every village gets internet access.
- Throwing light on the developments in the last 9 years, the Prime Minister informed that the number of broadband users in the country has gone up thirteen times and internet connections have gone up three times.
- He further added that the number of internet users in rural regions is growing at a faster pace when compared to urban areas. The Prime Minister informed that India has become the 2nd largest manufacturer of mobile phones in the world which has led to the formation of the world’s largest aspirational class.
- “The people of India want better products, better services, and better infrastructure”, the Prime Minister continued as he pointed out the significant role of energy in realizing the aspirations of the Indian citizens.
India Energy Week 2023 inaugurated by Prime Minister in Bengaluru
Click here for more Current Affairs