Why in News:
The Grievance Redressal Assessment and Index (GRAI) 2022 has been launched.
The GRAI 2022 is an initiative by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India.
About the GRAI 2022:
- The GRAI was conceptualized and designed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) to provide a comparative analysis of grievance redressal mechanisms in different organizations.
- A total of 89 Central Ministries and Departments underwent assessment and were ranked based on a comprehensive index.
- The assessment focused on four dimensions: Efficiency, Feedback, Domain, and Organizational Commitment, which were evaluated using 12 corresponding indicators.
- GRAI’s findings revealed a decline in the time taken to dispose of grievances from 32 days in 2021 to 18 days in 2023.
- Data for computing the index was collected from the Centralised Public Grievance Redressal and Management System (CPGRAMS) between January and December 2022.
- CPGRAMS is an online platform that enables citizens to submit grievances from anywhere and anytime, 24×7.
- The system generates a unique registration number for tracking grievances.
- It is available in 22 scheduled languages along with English.
- In 2022, the government implemented the 10-step reforms of CPGRAMS, which included Universalization of CPGRAMS 7.0, Technological Enhancements using AI/ML, etc.
- Citizens can access CPGRAMS through a standalone mobile application, making it convenient to submit grievances and track complaint progress.