- Centre-run National Language Translation Mission, better known as Mission Bhashini’s capabilities have been integrated with the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) to make digital payments through the UPI 123 Pay available in more than 20 local Indian languages, the Union minister for electronics and information technology Ashwini Vaishnaw said.
- BHASHINI4 aims to build a National Public Digital Platform for languages.
- This government platform aims to make Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing (NLP) resources available in the public domain to be used by — Indian MSMEs, startups and individual innovators.
- This will help developers to offer all Indians an easy access to the internet and digital services in their native languages.
- This online platform also has a separate ‘Bhasadaan’ section which allows individuals to contribute to multiple crowdsourcing initiatives and it is also accessible via respective Android and iOS apps.
Government integrates Bhasini Mission’s capabilities with UPI ecosystem
Click here for more Current Affairs