- Google on 7 February 2023 finally launched its AI technology Bard, Bard has been specifically launched with the intention of competing with Open AI’s popular language model ChatGPT-3.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai gave this information in an official blog post.
- He has described Bard as a conversational AI service that can do things like simplify difficult things apart from providing high-quality responses.
- ‘Bard’ will be an outlet for creativity and a launchpad for curiosity, besides this chatbot will be able to explain complex topics like new discoveries from NASA’s James.
- He added that Google will initially release Bard with a lighter model version of LaMDA, which will require less computing power and enable the tech giant to scale to more users, allowing for greater responsiveness.
- Bard means a person who can write poetry i.e. a poet’. Bard refers to a person who is skilled in composing and reciting verses on heroes and their deeds.
Google has finally launched its AI technology Bard
Click here for more Current Affairs