- The US-based international organization International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) has selected Chhattisgarh Police’s anti-drug and illicit liquor campaign ‘Nijat’ for ‘Leadership in Crime Prevention’ in the institutional category.
- The prestigious IACP 2022 Award has selected the de-addiction drive ‘Nijaat’, which was executed following the directive by chief minister Bhupesh Baghel to act tough against drug peddlers, and bootleggers and check to smuggle drugs.
About the ‘Nijat’ campaign:-
- It was launched by the Chhattisgarh Police under the leadership of IPS officer Santosh Kumar Singh, who launched an intensive drive against drug addiction and illicit liquor in the districts of Koriya, Rajnandgaon, and presently Korba.
- Under this campaign, a comprehensive awareness campaign is also being run among the people against drugs from city to village.
- The only successful campaign to create a drug-free society with missionary zeal – ‘Nijat’ has seen amazing results.
- The campaign undertook to end the illegal trade of illegal drugs, narcotics, and alcohol as well as prevent its smuggling.