- Asia’s First Pathogen Reduction Machine in KGMU Lucknow has been launched. Patients will now get hi-tech facility of blood test at King George Medical University, Lucknow.
- The UP government has installed Asia’s first Pathogen Reduction Machine in KGMU Lucknow’s Brown Hall. It was inaugurated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- He was accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak, Minister of State Mayankeshwar Sharan and Professor Bipin Puri, Vice Chancellor of King George’s Medical University.
- It is noteworthy that there are many impurities in the blood, which are not detected in most of the tests and if this impure blood is transfused to a patient, he can get infections like sepsis.
- Asia’s first pathogen machine has been started to prevent this infection, which can remove 4 units of blood impurities in just 15 minutes.
- With this machine, any type of infection in platelets and plasma can be eliminated in the early stages, which will prove to be very beneficial for organ transplant or patients with weak immunity.
- About 200 such bacteria, fungi, protozoa, including dengue, swine flu, chikungunya, Cytomegalovirus, etc., can live in the blood of the donor and spread the infection by going into the blood of the receiver.
- This machine can eliminate these infections. Four different blood units are kept in Pathogen’s kit, which completely purifies the blood unit by removing all types of bacteria from the blood within 10- 15 minutes through the ultraviolet immunometer.
Asia’s first pathogen reduction machine launched in Lucknow
Click here for more Current Affairs