- The 13th edition of bilateral exercise between the Indian and the Royal Oman navies, Naseem Al Bahr-2022, commenced off the coast of Oman on 20 November 2022. The exercise is being conducted in two phases: the Harbour Phase and the Sea Phase.
- Naseem Al Bahr naval exercise was started in 1993. The last edition was conducted off Goa in 2019.
- The exercise facilitates operational-level interaction between the two navies to foster mutual cooperation and enhance good order at sea.
- The exercise also aims to strengthen the ancient maritime and cultural linkages between India and Oman. Friendly sports fixtures were conducted amongst participants from the two navies on the sidelines of the conference.
- The exercise aims to intensify maritime exchanges between the two countries and enhance maritime security in the region.
13th bilateral naval exercise Naseem Al Bahr-2022, between Indian and Omani navy begins
Click here for more Current Affairs