- The 10th Indian Film Festival in Busan was held from Nov 18-20, 2022. The festival screened selected award winning, critically acclaimed Hindi and popular regional films with Korean sub-titles at Busan Cinema Centre.
- The festival was organized by the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre, Embassy of India Seoul in association with Busan Cinema Center, the India Centre at Busan University of Foreign Studies, and Hannarae Foundation for Culture, Hongbeop Temple, Busan.
- According to the statement, the film festival would showcase diverse, high quality films — Indian stories through Indian films — showcasing India’s vibrant diversity, progressive and rich history, cultural legacy and social values.
- Six films Padmavat (Hindi), Anandi Gopal (Marathi), Asuran (Tamil), Natyam (Telugu), House Owner (Tamil), and Shot Boot-3 (Tamil) are to screened over a period of three days in Busan, according to the statement.
- The festival is a part of Sarang festival of India in Korea and ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ commemorating 75 years of India’s independence.
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of Indian government to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of independence and the glorious history of India’s people, culture and achievements.
10th Indian Film Festival Held at Busan
Click here for more Current Affairs