UPSC previous year question paper of subject Judiciary & Legal Rights from the year 2011- 2015 with answers.
- #1. The power of the Supreme Court of India to decide disputes between the Centre and the States falls under its (2014)
- #2. With reference to consumers’ rights/privileges under the provisions of law in India, which of the following statements is/are correct? [2012 ] 1. Consumers are empowered to take samples for food testing. 2. When a consumer files a complaint in any consumer forum, no fee is required to be paid. 3. In case of death of a consumer, his/her legal heir can file a complaint in the consumer forum on his/her behalf. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- #3. Consider the following : 1. Right to education. 2. Right to equal access to public service. 3. Right to food. [2011 ] Which of the above is/are Human Right/Human Rights under “Universal Declaration of Human Rights’’ ?
- #4. India is home to lakhs of person with disabilities. What are the benefits available to them under the law? [2011 ] 1. Free schooling till the age of 18 years in governmentrun schools. 2. Preferential allotment of land for setting up business. 3. Ramps in public buildings. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #5. In India, if a religious sect/community is given the status of a national minority, what special advantages it is entitled to? [2011 ] 1. It can establish and administer exclusive educational institutions. 2. The President of India automatically nominates a representative of the community to Lok Sabha. 3. It can derive benefits from the Prime Minister’s 15-Point Programme. Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
- #6. With reference to National Legal Services Authority, consider the following statements: [2013 ] 1. Its objective is to provide free and competent legal services to the weaker sections of the society on the basis of equal opportunity. 2. It issues guidelines for the State Legal Services Authorities to implement the legal programmes and schemes throughout the country. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #7. What is the provision to safeguard the autonomy of the Supreme Court of India? [2012 ] 1. While appointing the Supreme Court Judges, the President of India has to consult the Chief Justice of India. 2. The Supreme Court Judges can be removed by the Chief Justice of India only. 3. The salaries of the Judges are charged on the Consolidated Fund of India to which the legislature does not have to vote. 4. All appointments of officers and staffs of the Supreme Court of India are made by the Government only after consulting the Chief Justice of India. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #8. With reference to the Delimitation Commission, consider the following statements : [2012 ] 1. The orders of the Delimitation Commission cannot be challenged in a Court of Law 2. When the orders of the Delimitation Commission are laid before the Lok Sabha or State Legislative Assembly, they cannot effect any modifications in the orders. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #9. Which of the following are included in the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court? [2012 ] 1. A dispute between the Government of India and one or more States 2. A dispute regarding elections to either House of the Parliament or that of Legislature of a State 3. A dispute between the Government of India and a Union Territory 4. A dispute between two or more States Select the correct answer using the codes given below :