UPSC previous year question paper of subject Structure of the Indian Economy & Demographics from the year 2006-2010 with answers.
- #1. With reference to’ Indian economy, consider the following statements:  1. The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has increased by four times in the last 10 years. 2. The percentage share of Public Sector in GDP has declined in the last 10 years. Which of the statements, given above is/ are correct?
- #2. In the context of governance, consider the following:  1. Encouraging Foreign Direct Investment inflows 2. Privatization of higher educational Institutions 3. Down-sizing of bureaucracy 4. Selling/offloading the shares of Public Sector Undertakings Which of the above can be used as measures to control the fiscal deficit in India?
- #3. With reference to India, consider the following statements:  1. The Wholesale Price Index (WPI) in India is available on a monthly basis only. 2. As compared to Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPIIW), the WPI gives less weight to food articles. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #4. When the Reserve Bank of India announces an increase of the Cash Reserve Rate, what does it mean? 
- #5. Which of the following is/are treated as artificial currency? (2010)
- #6. Which one of the following statements is an appropriate description of deflation? (2010)
- #7. Consider the following:  1. Fringe Benefit Tax 2. Interest Tax 3. Securities Transaction Tax Which of the above is/are Direct Tax/Taxes?
- #8. Consider the following statements with reference to Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS):  1. All persons of 60 years or above belonging to the households below poverty line in rural areas are eligible. 2. The Central Assistance under this Scheme is at the rate of ` 300 per month per beneficiary. Under the Scheme, States have been urged to give matching amounts. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- #9. Which of the following pairs about India’s economic indicator and agricultural production (all in rounded figures) are correctly matched?  1. GDP per capita (current prices): ` 37,000 2. Rice : 180 million tons 3. Wheat : 75 million tons Select the correct answer using the code given below:
- #10. Participatory Notes (PNs) are associated with which one of the following? (2007)
- #11. Which one of the following is the correct sequence in the decreasing order of contribution of different sectors to the Gross Domestic Product of India? (2007)
- #12. Which one of the following statements is correct? Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBMA) concerns: (2006)