- Uttar Pradesh has emerged as the top destination for mobile gamers, followed by Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, and West Bengal, according to India Mobile Gaming Report 2022 by gaming platform Mobile Premier League released.
- Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, and Himachal Pradesh have seen the highest increase in mobile gamers in 2022 compared to 2021.
- Ludo Dice, Snack and Ladders, Carrom, Fruit Dart, Block Puzzle, and Poker are some of the most played games in India.
- Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, and Allahabad have the highest number of online game players in Uttar Pradesh.
- A total of 60 percent of the gamers in the state come from these cities.
- This is the second year that Lucknow has been recognized as a gaming skill.
- IMGR revealed that the growth of Lucknow has left behind all metro cities like Delhi-Mumbai.
- Last year, India became the largest consumer of mobile games in the world with over 15 billion game downloads, according to a report by Lumikai, a game-focused venture capital fund.
- In the year 2022, India’s gaming market was worth $ 2.6 billion (about 21 thousand crore rupees) and it will reach $ 8.6 billion (about 70 thousand crore rupees) by 2027 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27 percent.
- Mobile gaming has seen tremendous growth in Tier 2 and 3 cities. In this case, smaller cities have overtaken popular metro cities like Mumbai and Bengaluru as gaming hubs.
- Last year, Delhi secured the top position in gaming growth.
- However, this time not a single metro city is included in the top 10 gaming growth cities. This growth reflects the phenomenal popularity of mobile gaming even beyond the megacities.
Uttar Pradesh has emerged as the top destination for mobile gamers
Click here for more Current Affairs