- USA defended its title to win a 11th FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup after defeating China 83-61 in Sydney.
- The final game also turned out to be one of the highest leads in basketball for a gold medal, and the Americans were also able to crash the barrier of 20 points.
- The crowd was left cheering as the USA beat China to secure the crown. With this victory, the USA won their fourth outing on the trot, and the team is overjoyed to have been declared the most dominant team ever.
- A’Ja Wilson — who was named the tournament’s MVP — scored 19 points and Chelsea Gray 10 points as the pair led the way for the favorites before almost 16,000 fans at the Sydney Superdome.
- The Americans won the game against China, showing a lot of grit and quality game in dominance. They were extraordinary in their attack and robust defence.
USA wins 11th world title at FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup – 2022
Click here for more Current Affairs