- Shri Ashwini Vaishnav, Minister of Railways, Communications, Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India has been appointed as the first Chancellor of Gati Shakti University, Vadodara by Her Excellency President Smt Draupadi Murmu.
- Along with this, Dr. Manoj Chowdhary, Professor at IIT Jodhpur has been appointed as Vice Chancellor in Gati Shakti University, Vadodara.
- Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti Yojana was announced by PM Modi on 15th August 2021 on the 75th Independence Day.
- The objective of the scheme is to cut logistics costs, increase cargo handling capacity, reduce costs and reduce turnaround time at ports to promote trade.
- Gati Shakti Digital Platform: Build and impact basic infrastructure projects through coordination between 16 ministries through its platform to be implemented in the same manner.
Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav has been appointed as the first Chancellor of Gati Shakti University of Vadodara by President Draupadi Murmu
Click here for more Current Affairs