- The Green Fins Hub is first-ever global marine tourism industry platform that would help diving and snorkelling operators across the world to make simple, cost-efficient changes in their daily practices by implementing international best practices that promotes sustainability of marine tourism.
- Sustainable marine tourism is receiving a major boost with the launch of the Green Fins Hub, a global digital platform for diving and snorkelling operators worldwide. The industry-backed digital platform is expected to scale up reach from about 700 operators across 14 countries today to a potential 30,000 worldwide, thus increasing coral protection and conservation worldwide.
- The platform will help diving and snorkelling operators worldwide to make simple, cost-efficient changes to their daily practices by utilising tried and tested solutions
- It would also help them keep track of their annual improvements and communicate with their communities and customers.
- Green Fins Hub will host two types of membership. One would be digital membership available for diving, snorkelling and liveaboard operations globally.
- Green Fins Certified Members will continue to be assessed annually and trained in person at their operation.
- Green Fins Community Forum for operators around the world to raise industry needs, discuss environmental issues and share lessons.
UNEP launches “Green Fins Hub”
Click here for more Current Affairs