- The Centre extended the tenure of the Enforcement Directorate’s director Sanjay Kumar Mishra for another year, which officials described as a step to ensure continuity in the agency so that crucial money laundering cases can be taken to the logical end.
- Sanjay Mishra was first appointed as ED director on November 19, 2018.
- He will remain the director of ED till November 18 next year.
- It is during Mishra’s tenure that the ED has been able to recover crores of rupees from fugitives Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi.
- The government, in November 2021, brought in an ordinance to amend the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) act as well as the Delhi Special Police Establishment (DSPE) Act to give three one-year extensions to the ED chief and the CBI director if it so desires. This was subsequently passed by Parliament a month later.
Tenure of Enforcement Directorate Director Sanjay Mishra extended
Click here for more Current Affairs