- Tata Steel inaugurated the Kadma Biodiversity Park in Jamshedpur. This will increase the green zone around Jamshedpur on September 27, 2022.
- This project will enhance the Green Zone around Jamshedpur. It is also envisaged to foster an overwhelming bridge between the people of the city and nature.
- The inauguration of the Park was done in the presence of Chanakya Chaudhary, Vice President (Corporate Services), Tata Steel; Dr T Mukherjee, Former Deputy MD (Steel), Tata Steel; Dr Vijaya Bharat, Former HOD (Cardiology), TMH; Sanjeev Choudhary, President, Tata Workers’ Union along with other senior officials of the company and Tata Steel group companies in Jamshedpur.
- The park is spread across 13.5-acres where 5650 trees and 4650 shrubs have been planted, which is in addition to the existing 300 trees and existing plant grove of 1200.
- The park has 2.3 Km of walking trail, a yoga and meditation zone, bird watching areas, rainwater harvesting ponds, Lilly ponds, butterfly zones, and fruit and bamboo orchards.
- The park houses several clusters of native species of trees planted as groves. It also has bird and squirrel nests, deep forest areas, grass lands and an information centre for flora and fauna observed in the park.
- There are many groups of native species of trees in the park. It also has an information center providing information on bird and squirrel nests, deep forested areas, grasslands and fauna and flora found in the park.
Tata Steel inaugurated the Kadma Biodiversity Park
Click here for more Current Affairs