- The Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) inaugurated various infrastructure-related construction activities for the 382 MW Sunni Dam Hydro Electric Project.
- SJVN Chairman and MD Nand Lal Sharma said, “The construction work for the 113-meter double-lane steel truss bridge has been started. The bridge is estimated to cost about Rs 14 crore.”
- The project is being financed on 70:30 debt-equity ratio and on completion it will earn a 16.50% return on equity for the Company. This will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 1.1 million tons annually.
- The company has aligned its shared vision of 5,000 MW by 2023, 25,000 MW by 2030 & 50,000 MW capacity by 2040 with that of the Government of India’s target of achieving 50% energy from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030.
- As a strategic & reliable partner, SJVN plans to play a vital role in the clean energy transition of the nation and vision to provide round-the-clock power to all, the company stated in the press release.
- SJVN is an Indian public sector undertaking having business interests in hydro, thermal, solar, wind and in power transmission & power trading. It is a joint venture between the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
SJVN begins work on Sunni dam project
Click here for more Current Affairs