- Anil Kumar Lahoti has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Railway Board. The former General Manager of Central Railway was appointed as a Member (Infrastructure) of the board a week ago and will be taking over the chairmanship from Vinay Kumar Tripathi on January 1.
- Shri Anil Kumar Lahoti has varied experience in Railways. He joined the Central Railway and worked in various capacities over Nagpur, Jabalpur (Now on West Central Railway), and Bhusaval divisions and Central Railway headquarters from 1988 to 2001.
- He has also worked as Officer on Special Duty to Members of the Engineering, Railway Board, Chief Engineer (Construction), Northern Railway, Executive Director (Track Machines), Railway Board, and Principal Chief Engineer of North Central Railway.
- He has played a key role in planning for the development of New Delhi station as a world-class station including the commercial development of land and air space and the development of the Public Private Partnership model.
- He has also planned and constructed a new directional terminal in Delhi at Anand Vihar to decongest Delhi and development of the iconic second entry to New Delhi station.
Shri Anil Kumar Lahoti appointed as Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Railway Board
Click here for more Current Affairs