- A. Shanti Kumari, the Senior IAS officer has been appointed Telangana’s new Chief Secretary.
- According to the Telangana High Court’s verdict, the state government has issued an order of appointing her as the Chief Secretary.
- The order was given a day after the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) relieved Somesh Kumar from the post.
- Santhi Kumari is the first woman Chief Secretary of Telangana.
- She was appointed a day after the former CS Somesh Kumar was relieved by the state government.
- After taking charge as the Chief Secretary of Telangana, she met Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao at Pragati Bhavan.
- Former CS Somesh Kumar has now reported to the Andhra Pradesh government on 12th January 2023.
- Somesh Kumar was appointed as the Chief Secretary on 31st December 2019 and approached the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) during the period of Andhra-Telangana bifurcation and asked for his cadre allocation to Andhra Pradesh.
Senior IAS Officer A Santhi Kumari has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Telangana
Click here for more Current Affairs