- Markets regulator SEBI has launched an information database on municipal bonds.
- As part of efforts to develop the bond markets, an outreach program on municipal bonds and municipal finance was organized by SEBI in the national capital on January 20 and 21.
- Representatives from various stakeholders, including the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, municipal corporations, stock exchanges, credit rating agencies, merchant bankers, and debenture trustees, participated in the program.
- At the event, SEBI Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch emphasized the potential of municipal bonds in infrastructure development and nation-building. The information database was launched at the event.
- “The information database contains a wide range of information in the form of statistics and regulations, circulars, guidance notes, and Frequently Asked Questions issued by Sebi in respect of municipal debt securities.
SEBI Launches Information Database On Municipal Bonds
Click here for more Current Affairs