- The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 will be awarded to Yunqing Tang, Assistant Professor at the University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
- The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize, established by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) near Srinivasa Ramanujan’s hometown of Kumbakonam, India, is awarded each year to a young mathematician judged to have done outstanding work in Ramanujan’s fields of interest.
- The award, established in 2005 by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) with a cash prize of $10,000, is presented annually to individuals aged 32 and under who have made outstanding contributions in the field of mathematics, influenced by Srinivasa Ramanjuan in a broad sense.
- Yunqing Tang’s works display a remarkable combination of sophisticated techniques, in which the arithmetic and geometry of modular curves and of Shimura varieties play a central role. Her results and methods are bound to have a major impact on future research in this area.
- Yunqing Tang’s most recent joint work with Frank Calegari and Vesselin Dimitrov on modular equations is of great significance and also has ties with Ramanujan’s own work.
- The prize will be awarded at the International Conference on Number Theory during December 20-22, 2022 at SASTRA University. The prize committee included Don Blasius , University of California, Los Angeles; Dan Goldston, San Jose State University; Ken Ono, University of Virginia; Jonathan Pila, Oxford University; Zeev Rudnick, Tel Aviv University; and Cam Stewart, University of Waterloo.
SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 goes to Yunqing Tang
Click here for more Current Affairs