- Financial Services Secretary Sanjay Malhotra will be appointed as the new Revenue Secretary.
- Currently, Tarun Bajaj was the serving Revenue secretary but he will retire on November 30.
- Sanjay Malhotra will now assume the post of Officer on Special Duty in the finance ministry’s Department of Revenue. Meanwhile, Vivek Joshi will be appointed as the new Financial Service secretary.
- Sanjay Malhotra is a 1990-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of the Rajasthan cadre.
- Prior to his joining as Secretary, the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, he was Chairman and Managing Director of REC Limited.
- The appointments Committee of the Cabinet has announced several new appointments at the secretary level today.
- Some of the other appointments include that of Manoj Govil as Secretary, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Sanjay Malhotra to take over as revenue secretary
Click here for more Current Affairs