- In Manipur, the State government has been taking up all possible steps to organise the forthcoming Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 up to the international level as it could not be held due to the COVID-19 pandemic the last two years.
- The appellation as the Sangai Festival is inspired by the state animal called the Sangai Deer. It is a demure brow-antlered deer found only in the state.
- Also commonly known as Indian Eld’s deer, Sangai is endemic only in Manipur. It resides at the Keibul Lamjao National Park (KLNP), the world’s only floating national park.
- In honor of the beautiful antlered deer, the festival is born and celebrated promptly in the state.
- The Sangai Festival is an extravaganza of events. It displays the culture, tradition, a fusion of classical and modern arts, sports, literature, quintessential display of food, and many other events. Additionally, the festival stages the uniqueness of the state’s myriads of culture that blends into an exceptional exposure for the world.
- The venue will be distributed at different places of the state, including Hapta Kangjeibung, in order to reduce the congestion and for the feasibility of public and tourist, Biren said.
- The state government will also be inviting some foreign delegates to participate in the Sangai Festival, 2022 where it is targeting a turnout of over 10 lakh people.
Sangai Festival to be organised in Manipur after two years
Click here for more Current Affairs