- Social media giant Meta has appointed Sandhya Devanathan as the Vice President of Meta India.
- She comes in place of Ajit Mohan who resigned from Meta, which owns Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, early this month.
- Devanathan was elevated to the top executive position in the company and will assume her new position as the head of Meta’s operation in India from January 1, 2023. She succeeded Ajit Mohan, who resigned from his position on November 3.
- Devanathan became the tech giant’s Managing Director for Singapore and Business Head for Vietnam in August. She joined Meta (then known as Facebook) in January 2016, as Group Director, SEA – Ecommerce, Travel, and FinServ, in Singapore.
- Devanathan joined Meta in 2016 and helped build out the Singapore and Vietnam businesses and teams as well as Meta’s e-commerce initiatives in Southeast Asia.
- In 2020, she moved to Indonesia to lead Gaming for APAC which is one of the largest verticals for Meta globally, the statement said.
Sandhya Devanathan Became New Vice President of Meta India
Click here for more Current Affairs