Russia has successfully launched a military satellite into orbit. The satellite is believed to be a Tundra Satellite, which is part of Russia’s Kupol or dome early warning anti-missile system.
- Russia established the Tundra satellite system, between 2015 and 2020.
- It is a constellation of Missile Early Warning Satellites.
- It carries a secure emergency communications payload to be used in case of a nuclear war.
- They’ll be part of the EKS, or Unified Space System (USS—also known as Kupol or dome), which will contain numerous geostationary orbit satellites.
- Kupol, unveiled in 2019, is designed to detect launches of ballistic missiles and track them to their landing site.