- Russia hosted the seventh Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) Vladivostok from September 5 to 8. The four-day forum is a platform for entrepreneurs to expand their businesses into Russia’s Far East (RFE).
- EEF was established in the year 2015 to encourage foreign investment in RFE.
- The EEF displays the economic potential, suitable business conditions and investment opportunities in the region.
- Agreements signed at the EEF increased from 217 in 2017 to 380 agreements in 2021, worth 3.6 trillion roubles.
- The agreements focus on infrastructure, transportation projects, mineral excavations, construction, industry and agriculture.
- China, South Korea, Japan and India are the Key Players in the region, where China is the biggest investor.
Russia Hosts 7th Eastern Economic Forum
Click here for more Current Affairs