- R Bonney Gabriel, a fashion designer, model and sewing instructor from Texas who competition officials said is the first Filipino American to win Miss USA, was crowned Miss Universe.
- Gabriel closed her eyes and clasped hands with runner-up Miss Venezuela, Amanda Dudamel, at the moment of the dramatic reveal of the winner, then beamed after her name was announced.
- India’s Divita Rai’s journey ended only after the evening gown round and she could not make it to the top 5. With this, India’s dream of winning the title for the second time in a row also got shattered.
R Bonney Gabriel:-
- According to reports, Gabriel became interested in designing fabrics and textiles in high school.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design with a minor in Fiber in 2018 from the University of North Texas and is currently the CEO of her own clothing brand, R’Bonney Nola.
- Gabriel’s father is an immigrant who arrived in America from the Philippines in search of better opportunities than others.
- In fact, in the year 2022, Gabriel created history by winning the title of Miss Texas. She was the first American of Filipino descent to win the title.