- Professor Kishor Kumar Basa has been appointed as the chairman of the National Monument Authority (NMA).
- The Department of Culture of the Government of India issued an official notification in this regard. He will have a tenure of three years.
- Kishor Kumar Basa is the vice chancellor of Maharaja Sriram Chandra Bhanj Deo University in Baripada and also the chairman of the Indian National Confederation and Academy of Anthropologists (INCAA), which is the largest anthropological association in India.
- He secured his PhD from the University of London in 1991. He was a Commonwealth PostDoctoral Academic Staff Fellow at the University of Cambridge from 1999-2000 and was a recipient of the Indo-French Cultural Exchange Fellowship in 1997.
- He was the former director of Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya in Bhopal, (Ministry of Culture, GOI (2004–2008), the Director of Indian Museum, Kolkata (2008–2010), and the Director of Anthropological Survey of India (Additional Charge) (2009-2010).
Professor Kishore Kumar Basa became the chairman of the National Monuments Authority
Click here for more Current Affairs