- By Ayushi Agarwal Fiji will be hosting the 12th World Hindi Conference next year from February 15-17, 2023, the Ministry of External Affairs said at an event held here in New Delhi.
- Highlighting that efforts are on to get Hindi recognized as an official language at United Nations, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said that though progress has been made in that direction it will take some time.
- “You would know Hindi is being used in United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- As far as the use of Hindi in its headquarters is concerned, we have an MoU with them, they are using it in social media and newsletters.
- It will take some time in expanding this. It is not so easy that a language is introduced in the UN process,” Jaishankar said at an event in New Delhi.
- “Work is being done on it, progress has been made and it is our expectation that this will move forward,” he added.
- External Affairs Minister Jaishankar also launched the logo and website of Vishwa Hindi Diwas along with V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State for External Affairs and Permanent Secretary for Fijian Ministry of Education, Heritage and Arts Anjeela Jokhan.
- Fiji will be hosting the 12th World Hindi Conference next year from February 15-17, 2023, the Ministry of External Affairs.
“Privileged to be the first country in the Pacific to host World Hindi Conference”
Click here for more Current Affairs