- Prime Minister Narendra Modi remains the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 77 percent. This was revealed in a Global Leader Approval Ratings released by a US based consulting firm Morning Consult.
- The Indian PM is followed by Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador at 69 per cent and Australian PM Anthony Albanese at 56 per cent, on the second and third spots, respectively. US President Joe Biden and UK’s new PM Rishi Sunak come lower down the list with approval ratings of 41 per cent and 36 per cent, respectively.
- While 19 per cent of those surveyed disapproved of PM Modi’s leadership, the figure stood at 52 per cent and 46 per cent for Biden and Sunak, respectively.
- While higher approval ratings suggest that the people of the country believe that things in their country are going in the right direction, disapprovals suggest a perception that they have gone off on the wrong track.
- This popularity rating of the leaders is based on the results of the survey conducted from 16th to 22nd of this month. In this survey, the opinion of adult residents in each country was taken for seven days.
- Even before this, Prime Minister Modi was at the top of the ranking of world leaders.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi remains world’s most popular leader with approval rating of 77 %
Click here for more Current Affairs