- The President of India, Smt. Draupadi Murmu, on the first day of her visit to the state, inaugurated the ‘PARAM Kamrup’ supercomputer facility and SAMEER’s high-powered active and passive components laboratory at the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
- PARAM Kamrup, a one of its kind supercomputer in the North East region, has been set up under the National Supercomputing Mission.
- President said that the supercomputer Param Kamrup will provide advanced computing, healthcare technology along with solutions to many issues of this sector.
- Mrs. Murmu said that with such technological developments, India will be among the world’s leading countries in the field of super computing. He also urged the science and technology institutions to lay emphasis on research and technology.
- The President said that the Central Government is improving the quality of education and training with the assistance of the State Government in the field of health services. The President appreciated the Assam government for providing affordable health facilities to the people.
President Draupadi Murmu inaugurates PARAM Kamrup Super Computer Facility
Click here for more Current Affairs