Why in News
A group of progressive farmers in Indora has availed of the benefits of the AgricultureDepartment’s Prakritik Kheti Khushhal KisanYojana (PKKKY).
About the Scheme
- The scheme aims to enhance farm income by adoption of climate resilient ZBNF practices.
- It converges the actions under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)and Paramparagat KrishiVikas Yojana (PKVY) and other state schemes for effective implementation and popularisation of ZBNF practices.
- The state Department of Agriculture is the nodal agency for its implementation.
- Promotes climate smart agriculture
- Reduces cost of cultivation
- Improves soil health and biodiversity
- Discourages use of agro-chemicals like fertilizers and pesticides
- Prepare POPs for different crops
- Encourages natural farming and eco-friendly approaches
Incentives For Farmers
- 80% assistance for lining of cattle sheds
- 75% assistance for providing plastic drums to farmers. Maximum of three drums will be provided per farmer
- 75%assistance for physical and biological pest control measures
- Third party certification process for efficient marketing of ZBNF produce
- One time assistance of INR 50,000/ shop spread over three years for opening PrakritikKheti Sansadhan Bhandar shops at village level for supply of ZBNF inputs
- Honorarium for resource persons and experts involved in capacity building and kisan goshthis