- The Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education,launched YUVA 2.0 – Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) in order to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
- The launch of YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with the Prime Minister’s vision to encourage the youth to understand and appreciate India’s democracy. YUVA 2.0 is a part of India@75 Project (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav) to bring to the fore the perspectives of the young generation of writers on the THEME : ‘Democracy (institutions, events, people, constitutional values – past, present, future)’ in an innovative and creative manner.
- This scheme will thus help to develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge system.
- The first edition witnessed a large-scale participation from young authors in 22 different Indian languages including English.
- The National Book Trust, India, as the implementing agency under MoE will ensure the phase-wise execution of the scheme under well-defined stages of mentorship.
- The books prepared under this scheme will be published by National Book Trust, India and will also be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture and literature, thereby promoting ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.’
- The selected young authors will interact with some of the best authors in the world, participate in literary festivals and more.
- The scheme will help in developing a stream of writers who can cover the past, present and future of various aspects of democracy in India.
Pradhan Mantri Young Writers mentorship Scheme ‘YUVA 2.0’ has been launched
Click here for more Current Affairs